***FOR ENLISTMENT ONLY***
The culinary specialist is primarily responsible for the preparation and service of food in field or garrison food service operations.
- Bake, fry, braise, boil, simmer, steam and sauté as prescribed by Army recipes.
- Operate, maintain, and clean field kitchen equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on garrison and field kitchen equipment.
Job training for a culinary specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in food preparation.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Standard and dietetic menus and recipes.
- Preparation and cooking of various foodstuffs and bakery products.
- Food and supply ordering.
- Storage of meats, poultry, and other perishable items.
- Must be a US citizen or I-551 cardholder.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a criminal background check with no open law violations.
- Must pass a drug screen.
- No felony.
- Must currently be in good health with no physical limitations.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs:
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Signing bonus, Paid time off, Flexible schedule, Parental leave, Relocation assistance, Professional development assistance, Tuition reimbursement.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time.
Pay: $40,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Parental Leave.
- Professional Development Assistance.
- Referral Program.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Retirement Plan.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Vision Insurance.
- High school or equivalent (Required).
- United States (Required).