***NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED***
A Practical Nurse is responsible for performing nursing care procedures. These specialists work with physicians, nurses, and NCO to bring preventative, therapeutic, and emergency care to soldiers and their families. This position requires skilled individuals who are comfortable working in all medical situations whether in a controlled or deployed environment.
- Assist in all patient care routines.
- Work in areas ranging from surgical to ICU and OB.
- Work and be familiar with cardiac pulmonary systems, nutrition, and other related field nursing areas.
- Overall care of the patient will be supervised by the specialist
Job training for a Practical Nurse is required to attend 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 52 weeks of Advanced Individual Training at Fort Sam Houston, Texas. Training consists of classroom, field, and clinical instruction and consists of 2 phases. At the end of the training, the Soldiers must pass the Texas Board of Nursing National Clinical License Examination. After the examination, the Soldier will be a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Take vital signs such as blood pressure or temperature.
- Set up an IV, take blood samples, give immunizations and administer medications.
- Assess patient condition, monitor any changes, and discuss the patient status with the physician.
- If they are working in surgery they can be required to assist the physician during a procedure, dress wounds, apply first-aid, a tourniquet, or perform other methods to stop bleeding.
- If working in OB they may be required to care for a newborn or new mother.
- Must be a US citizen or I-551 cardholder.
- Must be between the age of 17-34.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a criminal background check with no open law violations.
- Must pass a drug screen.
- No felony.
- Must currently be in good health with no physical limitations.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs:
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Signing bonus, Paid time off, Flexible schedule, Parental leave, Relocation assistance, Professional development assistance, and Tuition reimbursement.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time.
Pay: $40,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Parental Leave.
- Professional Development Assistance.
- Referral Program.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Retirement Plan.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Vision Insurance.
- High school or equivalent (Required).
- United States (Required).